Welcome to Day 2 of ’5 Days to Becoming Goddess of Your Home‘. Today will be a renewal of your mind about yourself.. You’re the Lady of your Manor. You’re the Queen of your Castle, the Goddess of your Home-Kingdom. It’s high time we begin to believe that about ourselves.
Being a humble woman does not mean we have to think less of ourselves. We are beautifully and wonderfully created in the image of God. We have a Light within us and to be humble is to allow that Light to shine for all the world to see. Being a Light is to allow our selves to shine grace, love, and mercy to our own kingdoms. We use Lights to bring awareness to the beauty within, not to darken the doorsteps with condemnation. Therefore, for us to be lanterns of Light, we first need to see the Light within ourselves.
If you struggle with condemnation, that inner critic that cuts you down, then we need to send that darkness to it’s death. It’s time to hush that voice and begin listening to the One that breathes life into us. You are beautiful as you are! No amount of crazy diets or excessive exercising is going to make us into whole people. The body is only a part of who we are, what really matters is the heart. Once we have our hearts centered in the Light, then we can begin to view our physical appearances with some balance.
To begin to see ourselves as Goddess of our homes, we need to really believe we’re special women. Because we are! Women are fascinating creatures. Our bodies can grow a life, feed that life, and bring a mother’s love to our world. Any doubt you have in yourself as a woman needs to be repented of and banished from your life.
Here are some simple steps to becoming a Goddess:
1. Write down at least 10 things you really like about yourself. Be sure that at least 6 of those things are found in WHO you are, not your appearance. Post this list on the back of your bedroom door and read it out loud to yourself every morning before you leave your room. This may sound silly, but trust me. YOU need to *believe* these things with confidence.
2. Write down only 3 things you would like to change about yourself…but only things that you can feasibly do something about. Pray about the timing of these things. Should you be tackling them now or can they wait a while? If they are pressing issues, such as your health, then plan to discuss it with your doctor and spouse within a week. Other than that, roll up the list into a scroll and tie a pretty ribbon around it. Place the scroll in a drawer in your room and mark your calendar for one month from that date as the day you will open it and read it again. Until that day, give yourself some grace about those things. Don’t think of them again until that date.
3. Begin to practice your ‘centering’ each morning in addition to having a morning routine to bless yourself. Take a hot shower, or long hot bath. Pampering yourself with sweet smelling bath salts, oils, bubbles, whatever that makes you happy. This may mean that you need to rise early before the spouse and kids do, but it’s well worth it. Light some candles and turn on some soothing music and enjoy BEING Goddess of your home. Meditate on the ten things that you love about yourself. Express gratitude to your Creator for loving you and creating you into a beautiful creature.
4. Dress for the day. Take some time to lavish yourself with personal accessories. A little make up, jewelry, and comfortable yet pretty clothes can help give you a confidence boost. You don’t have to look like a movie star, just add a ‘splash’ of color to help set your mood. Be sure to finish with putting shoes on, not slippers! You’ll be more productive if you’re completely dressed.
5. Use your power for good. You’re a worthy woman who can impart worth to your kingdom! If you want your spouse and children to feel worthy, first feel worthy about yourself. Realize that your worth is there to bless others with. You have a divine power and it’s time you utilize that power for good. Be fully aware of the power you have within, and commit yourself to using that power to be a blessing to those around you.
You can read about 5 Days to Becoming Goddess of Your Home here.