I mentioned the other day how I want to be a more purposeful blogger and manage my online time better than I had before. At the close of that post I whispered out that I had something special coming up that I wanted to tell you about.
Sometimes there are more personal things that I’d like to share, but not in such an open audience. Other times I need support and encouragement, but with a group of women that I’m more closely connected with. I have a feeling some of you might feel the same way. It’s not always easy to build closer relationships openly on a blog or on Facebook. I think what I (and maybe you, too?) need is a bit more privacy to bounce…
- prayer requests
….off one another in a more intimate way. When I posted about being inclusive, I mentioned that you don’t need to be inclusive with everyone I choose to include. I mean that. So how can I include you and others without giving away each of your information away to one another?
I am creating a private email group for me to connect with each of you, only none of you need to get your email box filled with responses from several people you don’t know. There is no “reply all” option and your email will remain safely in *my* contact list only. I will not sell or give away your email to anyone. I will never send any of those awkward FWDs to you with a bazillion email addys of every other contact I have (gosh I hate those things!). This is ONLY for me to connect with you and to give YOU the option to reply privately instead of on my blog.
Within this feature I might add a few of my most popular links from my most current posts, but never any advertising. Mainly, I may want to just send out a little note to say hello and connect with you privately. This is probably more for me than it is for you, but I want it to make you happy too. And it won’t be every day.
So here’s what you get out of this:
- Opportunity to share your responses with me without anyone seeing.
- Hear what my upcoming plans are for the blogosphere before anyone else knows.
- Personalized social media support from me
- Private Skype chats (yep, the video kind… just me and you!)
- Opportunities to get in on anything I’ve got going on (which is a lot, actually)
- and anything else I happen to think you’ll enjoy.
Here are my limits:
- Do not use my email address to send me those pesky FWDs. If you do, you might get dropped from my loop.
- Do not give away my email address.
- Skype chats are limited to 30 minutes. We’ll discuss, via email, the topics we’ll talk about and we’ll stay on topic.
- Frequency of these cyber notes will be no more than 3 a month (some months it might be less)
- These are NOTES, not books and not long drawn out novels of drama! Trust me, I don’t have time for that and I know you don’t either.
- I respectfully request that replies not be long drawn out novels either. We can save longer discussions for the Skype chats.
- Respect each other’s privacy. I’ll respect yours and you respect mine.
- What is said in email, stays in email… and is not to be copied, printed, or transmitted in any other way, shape, or fashion.
- No gossip. I don’t want to know what Miss Bombdiggity Blogger has done behind everyone else’s backs. No drama for this mama, agreed?
My desire for this is for us to provide support and friendship to each other. Yet, I didn’t want to create some corporate style network of exclusive bloggers who get to pal around with each other and cap it off once they feel like it. I don’t like exclusivity. What I am creating is all-inclusive, yet exclusive only to the point of no one else getting your info or responses.
So if you’re interested, please drop me a line. Let me know in the subject that you’re interested in my private group.